Oh I know. Most creative title award ever, right here. Whatever. I’ll save the creative writing for my students and just get down to business and back to blogging (which, sorry blog! Things got a little hectic in the teaching world but I’m *almost* caught up to speed…almost).
I have about five posts in half-written draft mode, but to be honest? I’m in the mood for something light. Something fun. So I thought I would do something less than highly original but maybe a little more useful. I personally always like reading about what products and items others find indispensable and have discovered so many of my favorite things that way, so I thought I would join the blogging world with sharing a few of my can’t-live-without-it things I love.
1. Mario Badescu skincare products – These were a recent find thanks to my friend Shannon M. and it is totally fair to say I am in her debt forever for introducing me to them. I do not have perfect skin (far from it), but these products help me get one step closer, and they are cruelty-free (they don’t test on animals) so you’re also supporting a company with ethics.
2. Canon 50mm EF f/1.2 L – My husband surprised me with this as a rather extravagent belated Valentine’s present (yes, I married the best man ever). To say I am in love with it is an understatement. It’s fast, sharp, sturdy, and oh! the bokeh is purely blissful. I could wax poetic about this lens but I’ll let the millions of positive reviews out there do that for me.
3. Psssst! dry shampoo – If only I had discovered this back in college!!! It’s a miracle in a bottle. My husband’s incredibly fabulous sisters introduced me to this brand several years ago and it has been my holy grail of dry shampoos ever since. It’s seen me go from blonde to deep brown to ombre and it never left that awful white powdery look some dry shampoos do. It doesn’t have a powerful smell and it just works – and really well at that. My runner-up favorite is the Suave Keratin brand (not the lemon kind – I can do without smelling like Pledge furniture polish, thanks anyway).
4. Hunter rain boots in matte navy – These were my Christmas present this year and one of my best fashion purchases ever given the never-ending winter we are currently experiencing in Illinois. Fashion and function united in the perfect boot, what more can I say? Love them.
5. Honest Co. diaper bundles & home products – I cannot say enough good about this company. I love it. We have been on auto-ship for the diaper bundles since Aria was three months old and have never looked backed. Even my husband is convinced they’re the best diapers ever (the thrilling purchases of parenthood). We rarely (and I mean count on one hand in a year rarely) have leak issues, they’re incredibly gentle on Aria’s skin since they’re free of nasty chemicals and toxins (unlike a lot of other diapers out there), and let’s be real – they’re a lot easier than cloth diapering (more power to you if you do it! It’s just not for me). I could go on and on about this company and how much I love their products – I have yet to try a single one I’m not really happy with. Click that link already and least sign up for a free trial. Not a parent? They offer an array of home products as well from shampoo to cleaning supplies. Their hand soap is on every sink in my house.
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Eliz-a-baby – Ok, so for me, this was an Ebay score (hey, this girl is on a budget!) but in all honestly, even at its steep price tag, it probably still would have been worth it. It’s incredibly durable, washable, functional, and (important to me!) fashionable. It does triple duty as my diaper bag, teaching bag, and (with a super easy switch and one of these) my camera bag as well. I just swap out mini organizers for my gear depending on whether I’m heading out as mommy, teacher, or photographer and go! It’s also been my carry-on on several flights as well. I am a fan of anything that makes chic living a little more easy and this baby does it all. Additionally, I love that it doesn’t look like a diaper bag (since that is actually what it is). I foresee this bag getting some seriously long-term use far into the future.
Have a can’t-live-without-it product of your own? A lens you adore? Tell me! I love discovering new things.